This dish was an instant favorite at a Canadian Friends-giving a few years back. James and I get TWO Thanksgivings every year, we are SO lucky! This is an easy vegetarian side to make that can be served hot or cold, brings color to the table and travels well so it is perfect for potlucks and family style sharing. It has well balanced sweet and savory components that you find in Sweet Potato casseroles and Bread puddings.
- Butternut or Acorn Squash, peeled and cubed
- Olive Oil, 1 tbs
- Sesame seeds, 2 tbs
- Honey, 3 tbs
- Balsamic, 1 tbs
- Chili Flake, 1/2 tsp
- Feta, 2 ounces, crumbled
- S & P, to taste
- Toss cubed Squash in Olive Oil and distribute evenly on sheet tray
- Bake 20 minutes at 410°, remove and toss with sesame seeds.
- Bake additional 10 minutes
- In a serving dish drizzle Honey, Balsamic, Feta and Chili flakes over roasted Squash
- S & P, serve hot or cold.